Thursday, September 27, 2007

Why do you blog? Are you still blogging for the same reasons?

Man, who would have thought that blogging was such hard work. Especially if you want to make a profession out of it. And especially especially if you want to try to make a living at it.

In the beginning, I was waking up early, staying up very, very late. It was all I did in my spare time. But now I realize that it is just as hard and time consuming as a real business is, maybe even more so. Not only do I have to network and the like on the internet, but I also have to do it in real life. Sometimes I feel like it has consumed my life. I actually dreamed about one of my blog socal groups I am. I woke up from that dream and it took me awhile to figure out why I was not at the computer. Does anyone else feel like that? Maybe it is the newbie blogger's curse for it to become addicted because I have read several people who are just addicted and can't pull themselves away. I did start blogging because due to being a stay at home mom, I don't get to socialize much. Blogging was a way to get things off my chest and sort of meet people and to feel like I was a part of something bigger than my diapers and dishes. But then my hubby made a comment about getting the internet turned off and my reaction surprised me. I actually got mad at him. He was just kidding but I wasn't. So I took that as a sign that maybe I need to get on a schedule and sit down and remember exactly why I wanted to make a profession out of blogging and computer work in general...

To Stay At Home With My Kids--even if they drive me nuts.

they are the reason i blog...

  • i blog to share my kids with family and friends.
  • i blog to meet other moms like me
  • i blog to try to make some money for my family
  • i blog to share my own life
  • i blog to feel like i am part of something larger
  • i blog because i want to feel as if i am being heard.

WHY DO YOU BLOG?

No comments: