Monday, October 22, 2007

Sometimes I just love being a mom...

So if you have read this blog at all, you know I have 4 kids...and they are a handful for me. I have twin infants, which are always keeping us busy...i have a 5 year old who is starting to have a social life---a bigger one than me i might add...and a 1 1/2 year old girl who wants to be the center of the world...and is sick...and is teething...4 teeth at a time!

But tomorrow is Kincaid's treat day at school...and this kind of stuff is my speciality. So I decided to do a super duper milk and cookies treat bag. They already get milk for snack time, so I baking the cookies. I am making oatmeal and raisin, macadamia nut and white choc., and halloween sugar cookies. I am going to decorate paper bags and put one of each cookie in each bag. I love doing this kind of stuff. I know I am so busy already and the pile of dishes on my counter is getting bigger by the second, but I don't care. I want my kids to have that special touch in their childhood. Isn't that one of the reasons I am a stay-at-home mother? I know it isn't for the money. I will take pictures and post later. But the down side of being a stay-at-home mother...I have 2 babies whining, 1 little lady screaming her head off, and one big brother who is bossing everyone around...but i love it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have some amazing news for you...When those little ones are all grown they won't remember how spotlessly clean the house was...they are going to remember the extra mile that their Mom went to bake those special cookies and decorate the bags they went in. You are doing a great job. They are only small for a little while so enjoy every minute of it. Once they are grown you don't have the chance to go back and do it over again.

Jill said...

they allow you to take in home baked stuff? is this an iowa thing? they quit allowing that about 10 years ago in illinois because you know a psycho mom might try and wipe out her kids 2nd grade class or something. give me a break. seriously, if it doesnt have a store sticker on it, you cant provide it. which i think sucks.

Unknown said...

Good for you for going all out. Being around for the little things makes the SAHM thing work.

Kerith Collins said...

yea...he has about 9 kids in his class so the school is REALLY small...but it was awesome...i even included some Danimals