Tuesday, December 11, 2007

oNE fUN mONDAY cOMING uP

Oh...how I do love a great fun monday! They are all great but I just really love anything to do with blogging and Christmas.

So our lovely Lady K wants something related to Christmas...now what was it again:
In the spirit of the season I would like to see your favorite Christmas tree ornament. Not to be confused with the WHOLE tree. I want you to zoom in and show me one or a few(you know I can't choose just one!) of your favorite ornaments. If you don't decorate a tree, show me your menorah or dreidel, Kinara, or Yule Log. I want to see your favorite decoration for this holiday season.

Oh yea...that was it!

When I was a kid, my parents had the tradition of buying us Hallmark ornaments. I wanted to keep the same sort of tradition, but I wanted to do it craft-style.

For the past several years, I have been trying to do the craftsy ornament making but my kids either were too young or not born yet.

But this year, I am in luck. All 4 of them are around and 2 of them are old enough to

help with the ornament making--kind of.

We made cookie cutter ornaments. I have been saving these cookie cutters for 3 years now...dang it.

The Red Bell is Kincaids (5 years old)
The Blue Angel is Corrines (1 1/2)
The White Dove is Liams ( 8 months)
The Yellow Star is Connors ( 8 months)

These are going to be my favorites for some time...probably until next year.

So go now...and check out everyone's favorite Christmas stuff. I can't wait!


17 comments:

Pamela said...

what a great idea!!!!!

Karmyn R said...

What a cool idea!

Dreaming What Ifs...

Debs said...

I love the cookie cutter ornaments!

I will now have to go find me some cookie cutters!! :D

Great post!

ChrisB said...

I know exactly why these will be your favourite tree ornaments. I have some paper ornaments made by my kids well over 30 yrs ago. I would never part with them.

Kim said...

I think these are very cute.

A Slice of My Life said...

I'm just giggling at you impatiently waiting for your kids to get old enough to play with you! It all just gets better from here.

Susan at A Slice of Life

Sandy said...

I love the cookie cutter ornaments! I did that for my kids the year after the dog broke all the Hallmark ornaments!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Awesome cookie cutters / ornaments.

Unknown said...

I love that the kids are helping to make the ornaments. I hope to continue to do home made ones myself.

Jo Beaufoix said...

They are gorgeous. And how cool are you for doing that with four little ones? I struggle enough with two.:D

Sauntering Soul said...

Homemade ornaments are the absolute best! These are so cute.

Bren said...

What a great idea!!!

Molly said...

Although I not seen the tree, my not yet three year old granddaughter and her family decorated their tree with cookie cutters. Yours look fun for this Fun Monday.

Kaytabug said...

I love the cookie cutters as ornaments! I have some on my tree too!

kitten said...

Now that is wonderful! Neat idea! Thanks!

Tiggerlane said...

What a great idea - and it looks incredibly simple! I won't be making cookies this year - so this is the perfect idea. Now, if I can just put up my tree...

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

Several ornaments on our tree were made by our kids when they were in pre-school. We also have another very special tradition for our tree whcih we started when our eldest was about two years old. I'll explain the whole concept in a post on my blog.

Each year when you put up your decorations, you will re-live the joy of having made them with your precious children.

God bless our kids and may they carry on the message of Christmas ....