Monday, January 7, 2008

Fun Monday--how I have missed you



Lisa is hosting and here is what she wanted: "Let’s meet your pets. I think most of us have at least one pet and I would like to see your fluffy or scaly pal. If you don’t have a camera you can tell us about him/her/them. If you don’t have a pet tell us about a pet you had or a pet you want. If for some weird reason you hate all animals we want to know why gosh-dang-it."

When I was younger, I had a Blue Persian cat. My mom bought it cause she loved the breed. But when we got our new cat home, she found out it hated people. Our new cat hated everyone but me. So I got to name her Molly. I loved my cat so much. She was so loving and loved to sniff my ears and play with my long hair.

But I left for college and my cat got left behind. I am 31 now and my childhood cat just died about 2 months ago. I don't remember how old I was when we got her, but my dad says she was 18 years old when she died. She always knew when I was on the phone with my parents. She always knew when I was visiting. She would appear out of no where and meow until I picked her up and sniffed the heck out of my ear...and I miss it.
You never really forget your first real pet. The one that is all yours and no one elses. She loved me unconditionally...even after leaving her to start my own life and my own family. It is a shame that I developed an allergy to cats and my hubby is HIGHLY allergic to cats or I would have bought another Blue Persian and named her Molly the 2nd. Maybe that is what I will name our dog when our kids get old enough to have a dog.
(This picture is not of my actual cat but she looked just like this. I had my senior pictures taken with my cat but I can't find any of them. Man, I miss my cat!)

Lisa and all of her chaos is hosting this week---check out all of the other pets...pets are the best!




luv u molly...miss u molly...







RELATED READS:


16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

OMG!!! Molly was beautiful!!! And I so understand about losing a pet. It's soooooooo darned hard on us.

ChrisB said...

First pets make for some very special memories. Sounds like she was devoted to you and probably missed you once you left home. Hope you eventually get your dog!

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing Molly with all of us.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that she couldn't stay. She lived a very long life and it sounds like the two of you were really close.

Nan said...

That kitty has the squishiest nose ever!

Thanks for telling us about Molly!

A Slice of My Life said...

How special to be the Chosen One. What a wonderful memory to have.

Sandy said...

Kerith, thanks for your comment at my place. Holly is a white Boxer. They (the breeders) used to kill them at birth because, according to AKC regs, you can't show or breed a white Boxer. Someone finally figured out they make wonderful pets. You do have to be aware that a lot of white dogs, not just Boxers, are deaf or have hearing issues. Holly's only hearing problem is that she chooses not to...lol.

Some folks out in CA have decided that rather than selling the white dogs as culls, they will call them rare and exotic and charge even more for them! Too funny,.

Anyway, there's the short course on white Boxers and 25% of all boxers born are white.

Kim said...

Persians are so beautiful. I love Molly's color. I had a white persian with big green eyes. He hated everyone but me . . . until I met my husband. Instead of sleeping behind my knees, he took to sleeping behind my husband's knees. My husband pretended to hate him, but it was a mutual love affair.

I'm sorry you miss Molly so much.

Joy T. said...

Molly was gorgeous and 18 for a cat is amazing! Obviously well loved in return as well.

Unknown said...

I had the same thing happen with my dog. It was awful leaving her when I went away for school. And, you are right. You never forget the one who made the difference.

Pamela said...

I think Ewoks were patterned after those cats.

I've heard that cat allergies can be overcome by slowly adding it back into your life.

here kitty kitty kitty!

Unknown said...

My friend had a white persian when I was way younger. I remember two things, it would run away from people and it was matted. I didn't know enough back then, but my guess is when you had a family of 5 boys (my friend's household) the cat was not in the best of moods. Thanks for your post. NLM

Sirdar said...

Persians are such pretty cats. Life sometimes takes a twist where you can't have your pet with you. At least she lived a long life. Must have been a good family for her.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahh, Molly sounds amazing, and she must have been so cute. We lost my old cat this year and can't have another due to my kids and hubby's eczema, so we're waiting till a they're a little older so we can get a dog.
We have a very cute gerbil though. :D

-Ann said...

Molly clearly had good taste.


The new Fun Monday topic is now available. :)

Tiggerlane said...

Those first pets are the most precious - and I can that is affectionate? Even more missed!

What a beautiful breed - shaggy, but beautiful.